- Twenty words make up a third of the average teenagers’ daily vocabulary.
- The lion costume in the Wizard of Oz was made from real lions.
- Online shoppers will only wait an average of four seconds for a page to load up.
- In the US, more than one in eight people show signs of Internet addiction.
- More than 90% of plane crashes have survivors
- Just one cow gives off enough methane in one day to fill around 850 pint jugs
- Eating a packet of chips each day is equivalent to drinking 12 pints of cooking oil a year.
- In a fight between a polar bear and a lion, the polar bear would win.
- In the 1960′s the CIA used to watch Mission Impossible to get ideas about spying.
- In Brazil there are around two million cars that run on alcohol. It gives a new meaning to drinking and driving.
Tags: chips, cooking oil, cow, internet addiction, jugs, lion costume, lions, methane, million cars, mission impossible, online shoppers, pint, pints, plane crashes, polar bear, survivors, teenagers, two million, vocabulary, wizard of oz
I was out and about doing stuff today, and this evening after collecting Kathy from her job downtown, we went to the Southend Brewery on East Bay Street. The Bombay Pale Ale is excellent, as was the Wheat Beer, which was surprisingly dark.
Even better was that it was Happy Hour and pints were only $2!
I had a half-pound Angus Burger with cheese, grilled onions, and mushrooms, and that was really good too, and for under a tenner with fries. It was just the job, there was plenty of it, and it was filling!
Tags: bombay, east bay street, happy hour, job, pale ale, pints, southend brewery, wheat beer