I always get two jobs. One is to make the stuffing; the other to make the gravy.
This year I varied the stuffing a little.
Now my recipes are easy to do but hard to follow. This is because I am the ‘chuck it in’ type.
So here we go.
- Take a pack of breakfast sausage – whatever your favorite kind, and make into small balls, and place in frypan with a very little oil, and brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile take 3-4 slices of wholemeal bread, break it into peices and place in a bowl.
- Roughly chop one medium size onion, add to bowl.
- Add a chopped apple – a firm variety like Granny Smith is best
- Add a chopped stick of celery
- Add fresh celery leaves if available.
- Add a good heaped teaspoon of chopped sage.
When sausage is browned add to bowl.
Add a 12 ounce bottle or can of beer. Whatever rocks your boat. Experiment with different beers each year if you like
Mix it all together.
Stuff the bird with it.
Any left oven put into a loaf tin, and add to the oven for the final 45 minutes of bird cooking time.
Tags: balls, breakfast sausage, chopped apple, frypan, gravy, jobs, medium size onion, peices, recipes